Integrity, Leadership and Womens Coalitions: Midterm workshop report, Cape Town, May 2010
Isabelle van Notten
The Leadership Program (LPDLEC) held a workshop in Cape Town on the 25-26th May 2010 to review four of its ten on-going research projects.
The aims of the workshop were:
- To ensure that LPDLEC research teams in different countries, working on different subjects, shared a common understanding of the overarching research questions and the approach to study them; and
- To share first findings, learn from each other and give each other feedback on how to improve and develop the research and its policy implications.
The four LPDLEC research projects which were discussed were:
- Women’s leadership, elites and coalitions in Jordan and Egypt by Mariz Tadros, Taghreed Hemdan and Hind Mahmoud;
- The making of the Sexual Offences Act in South Africa, 2007, by Rebecca Hodes, Jennifer Thorpe and Orly Stern;
- The institutions of integrity and the integrity of institutions by Minka Woermann and Eduard Grebe;
- Data and profiles of African heads of state and government by Monique Theron.
Copy this link
Integrity, Leadership and Womens Coalitions: Midterm workshop report, Cape Town, May 2010Download document