DLP's research examines the political processes that drive or constrain development. It focuses especially on the role of developmental leaderships and coalitions in promoting or resisting institutional and policy reform to support sustainable growth, political stability and inclusive social development.
DLP's five core areas of focus are:
- the practice of thinking and working politically;
- how developmental leaders emerge;
- collective action and coalitions;
- the roles of attitudes, values and ideas in developmental leadership;
- interaction among government, state, business and civil society.
For an overview of The research of the Developmental Leadership Program: findings and future directions, see this short report (January 2014; PDF, 1.4 MB):